Monday, August 06, 2012

Birthday Countdown - 4 days

Apparently I can't be bothered to blog on a weekend.  But my birthday is on Thursday!  This year it's really been creeping up on me, but I'm finally starting to get excited about presents and people catering to my whims.  In the last year, I have watched many episodes of 4 TV shows, and left other shows to find other viewers.  I really like these shows.  Some are new and some are older.

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Possibly the best cartoon of all time!  Seriously, though, this show has it all.  It's funny, creative, and has a great cast of characters.  I have watched the whole series through at least 3 times.  10 pts if you know my favorite character.

Psych - What are my two favorite types of stories?  The answer is 1) comedies and 2) detective stories.  And thus we see that Psych must be my favorite kind of show. 

Fringe - I also like sci-fi.  Fringe is cool and interesting and sometimes I have to cover my eyes because whatever has just happened is too grotesque.  I blame addiction to this show on my roommate who has DVR. Otherwise I wouldn't watch new episodes as soon as they came out.

Legend of Korra - It's a bit of a cheat, because it's the sequel show to The Last Airbender, but it's still awesome.  The graphics are awesome and the story is great, even if I didn't think Mako and Korra made a good pair.  Amon is a great villain.

**In completing this list, I realize that I also watched a lot of Big Bang Theory, which has two of my favorite things as well: 1) comedy and 2) science.  Sadly, it fails in one big quality: watchability with my mother.  The ones above are all pretty watchable with Mom, but she would probably cover her eyes in Fringe even more than I do.

8 comments:

  1. That's good to know that fringe has mother watchability. I hope it's on netflix!

    Also, I do not know your fav avatar character. I can't be bothered with cartoons! (except spongebob)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Appa? You did want to get that plush stuffed animal version of him.

    If not Appa, then it has to be "Toph, 'cause it sounds like 'tough'"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. Guess again. Although Toph is awesome, she is not as awesome as this character...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wait... is it "Why am I so bad at being good" Zuko?

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! I love that quote! It's not Zuko, but you're getting "warmer". (hint: "I'm going to capture another slice!")

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for avatar! Alice gets to watch one show a day and she often picks 'Appa, because he is a sky bison.'

    Also, Go Uncle Iroh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew Alice was a cool kid. Not only did she like my cat, but she likes my favorite show!

    ReplyDelete