Thursday, August 26, 2010

Concerts in the Park!

Tonight I went to a concert in Pioneer Park in Salt Lake City. She & Him! But first we had to find a good spot and wait. We played my new (from a thrift store) travel Scrabble and I lost spectacularly. Maybe my sister Glarcy will play with me now that she realizes that she can cream me. We also had a little picnic while we played. I made Jello. I love how it jiggles.

Finally, the opening band came on, the Dum Dum Girls. They weren't exactly my thing, so I read some Jeeves while I waited for the main attraction. When the Dum Dum Girls stopped singing, the guy in charge stood up and listed every business in the greater Salt Lake area and several of their employees as a thanks. Finally, She and Him! It was really fun, although we almost got trampled! Oh well. Zooey Deschanel was fun to see. I liked watching her bounce around with her tambourine. Once she got tired, one of her backup singers did the jumping and tambourine banging. Eventually, the smell of peoples' alcohol was and the jostling became unbearable. She sang some of my favorite songs, especially "Black Hole."

3 comments:

  1. huh... it was blog-worthy, eh?

    Also - I didn't know that song was called 'black hole'. I learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, I only creamed you with yours and stacey's help. Never could I do that on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still believe you have the greater scrabble skills:)

    ReplyDelete