Friday, October 01, 2010

FHE, my reward for complaining

I learned on Sunday that my new calling was a curse muttered at me the last time I voiced my opinion about activities. My good friend, the former FHE co-chair, placed said curse upon me. Now I am at a loss. What do I do? How do I help these people to like FHE when I barely like it. Here are my thoughts (based on my previous complaints):

1. Start on time
2. Don't go over an hour
3. Always have food
4. Spiritual thoughts should be no more than 2 minutes, gospel lessons no more than 20

Ok. This is what I've got so far. Now, what ideas do I have to actually keep the masses entertained and coming back for more? So far...pumpkin carving?

4 comments:

  1. Are you in charge of a group, or everyone? (please say group!) This week we had a <8 min lesson, then made fortune cookies. It was a blast (there was also a poster to color, for those of us who weren't able to crowd around the cooking). Last week, when we were first separated into our groups ours played "I have never" to get to know one another. That was fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woe is me. I'm in charge of everyone. Those are great ideas! I like playing "I've never."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like how long your new calling takes you away from me on monday nights

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your rules are spot on.

    Glarcy, you're creepy.

    ReplyDelete