Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spiritual Enlightenment~

This will be a short one today, because I really only have one thing to say. The other day, as I was driving home from my brother's house, where I spend as much time as possible, I was pretty troubled about some things and thinking hard on solutions. One of my thoughts was something I have been told before: humility is strength. If we have true humility, we know that without God, we are nothing. More importantly, we know that with Him, we can do anything. There is great power in acknowledging His hand in all things. (This may be a bit of a ramble, so sorry if it doesn't make sense)

This may not be doctrinal, but another part of my epiphany was that humility involves understanding Heavenly Father's view of us. Once we know how we are loved, we can share that love with other people. There is no weakness, inadequacy, or fear; only great power in the knowledge that we are worth loving. Once we know this, and give up our own pride in the process, we can stop looking so much towards ourselves and look outward.

1 comment:

  1. wow...i've been thinking about these things too. I think that if we have a close personal relationship with our heavenly Father and our Savior that we then don't have to rely as much on those around us to feed us our self worth. Something I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete