Monday, July 27, 2009

Unsettling

This morning I woke up around 3 from what may be considered a nightmare. In the dream, I had, for some reason, agreed to marry a very good friend. I loved him, just not romantically. In the dream, I guess I decided that I needed to stop waiting for Mr. Right, and settle for Mr. Right Now. It's all a bit hazy, but I think that I figured that being married to a good friend I wasn't in love with was better than not being married at all.

Anyway, immediately after the ceremony (which I don't really remember, I just remember thinking, "Well, now I'm married..."), I had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I suddenly realized that I was trapped. I would need to be a good wife to the guy I had just married, and would never be able to be with someone I truly loved, if I ever found him.

It was pretty weird to wake up from. I lay there thinking, "What am I going to do? I can't get a divorce. Maybe an annulment? What does the First Presidency think of those?" It took me a couple of moments lying there to realize that it had all been just a dream, and I was as yet unfettered by such a choice.

I'm very curious as to what this dream meant, if anything. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. heh... "unfettered".

    it means you are getting to that age where you are starting to worry that you will never marry...welcome! look forward to many more similar dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that dream about five years ago, except instead of a good friend, it was someone I had just met and became friends with very quickly. He looked like Mickey Rooney, which meant he was about a foot shorter than me.

    In my case, I think it wasn't worry that I would never marry, but worry that I was incapable of love.

    ReplyDelete