Wednesday, September 28, 2011

After nearly a year of nonblogging, a text conversation

Number I don't recognize, 7:05 am: "Forgot my phone and bb at home mom and wife"

****I assumed this was a wrong number as I didn't understand the term bb, and my mom signs her texts "love mom" or "love mom and anne"

Number I don't recognize, 8:53 am: "Hello"

Me, 8:53 am: "Who is this"

Number I don't recognize, 8:56 am: "Mom sent u a text b4 u didnt get it"

Me, 8:56 am: "Who are you? I think you have the wrog number"

****note my poor spelling.

Number I don't recognize, 8:59 am: "This is ur mother. left both my phone and bb at home!"

****I'm thinking, "That was helpful. What in the world is a bb?"

Me, 9:00 am: "Look, please stop texting me. You have the wrong number."

****I felt pretty bad about that one. No need to be rude. Plus, I was curious.

Me, 9:07 am: "Actually, I'm curious. What's a bb? Some sort of gun?"

Number I don't recognize, 9:10 am: "Lol...blackberry. sorry bout the wrong number"

Me, 9:11 am: "Oh. Thanks. No problem"

****Now I am left with the unanswered question, "Why does she need both a phone and a blackberry?"

3 comments:

  1. maybe you need to work on being more gentle....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I especially love the part about "some sort of gun?" I have people mistake my number for Barnes & Noble all the time, but I've never had a wrong # through text. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if I send you some cryptic texts if I'll make it on your blog. Worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete