Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ego Boost

I like ego boosts. I like them a lot.

So this morning I have been working on sewing an apron for my mom to give her friend for her birthday (pictures to come later). As I was sewing, one of my mom's piano students' younger sisters came wandering in. Her mother grabbed her and answered her questions about who I am, then told me what her daughter said, "She's even beautiful, mom."

This tells me a lot of things, the first being that kids really have no sense of attractive. I was wearing my pajamas, hadn't washed my face, hadn't put in my contacts (so I was wearing my glasses), and definitelly hadn't touched my hair. And yet, I still felt pretty good about myself.

3 comments:

  1. wow... think how beautiful you must be when you ARE wearing contacts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever, little kids know everything about attractive. Its the big kids that are confused. She had it spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I think the kid was commenting more on what the rest of us look like.

    ReplyDelete