Friday, December 04, 2009

Music of my mind

This may make you think I'm crazy, and maybe I am. Ok, here's the story: When I fall asleep, I hear noises, and often they sound like music. So, last night, as I was going to sleep, I had a prolonged period of in-between, when I could hear a lot of noises. It sounded like a symphony, but none I had ever heard before. I woke up and thought, maybe I can get this on paper! Unfortunately, as I tried to remember those melodies and wonderful bass lines, I couldn't remember one thing. All that was left was a knowledge that 1. I had never heard it before (at least, nowhere but my mind) and 2. it was a wonderful mix of classical, modern, and post-modern styles.

As I slipped back into that in between state, the music started again. It was beautiful, and this morning I can remember nothing.

6 comments:

  1. I think that's the saddest story I've ever read.

    I hear dead music...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not dead music, it's music that has yet to live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! Isn't it so frustrating when the beautiful compositions of your mind (be it visual, narrative, or in your case musical) just don't fit in the confines of the conscious world?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a Chris Van Allsburg book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music = Happiness
    Just enjoy the music in your mind, it is the most amazing feeling that you can experimented ever... You are not crazy, you are a creative person.
    Next time listen carefuly the music and try to paint a beautiful pic in your mind... Use colours and you will give life to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can harness that, you could be a very successful composer...

    ReplyDelete