Thursday, September 03, 2009

Going to the dark side

Not long ago a friend gave me a mix CD. It was a disc of country songs. Other friends seemed surprised that I had only heard two of the songs before (and those because they were on the only country disc in the whole house when I was growing up). This is not actually surprising, as in the past country music has held little interest for me.

I have listened to the mix a couple of times now, and I find myself liking a few of the songs, and most of them are by the same person. I feel like it's a slippery slope down to actual purchase of a country album. I might be almost there!

Solution: Celebrate? De-Tox?

4 comments:

  1. who is the artist of the songs you like?!

    also...how DARE you like country!!

    just kidding...I like some too...but it hasn't captured me like I envisioned it would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bluegrass all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also held out for a long time before giving in to the lure of the country twang. (Very hard to do growing up in Tennessee.) But, I think it's required listening once you live in Texas, right? :) Don't be ashamed. Celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come over to the dark side. Country's not that bad. Only on dates, when he asks you what kind of music you like, you have to say it kind of guarded, like he's going to throw something at you.

    ReplyDelete