Thursday, August 13, 2009

Announcement in church:

Sunday at the beginning of sacrament meeting, the counsellor conducting the meeting announced that the Stake Pres had something to say. President stood up and said that they had thought long and hard about allowing the singles' branch to join the rotation with the other wards in our building, so that our meeting time would not always be at 2:30 PM.

He talked about how he knew it was important to us, and ended by saying that they were not going to change a thing. It was one of the most disappointing moments of my life. Why did he have to tell us? If he hadn't we never would have known how close we came to getting our desires.

4 comments:

  1. My guess is he probably thought that you would want to stay...so he probably thought you would thank him for telling you how close you came to having your dreams ripped away.

    Hehe...anyway...what does it matter to you? You'll be gone in a few weeks...won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been rumors going around for a while. A lot of people knew it was under consideration, and expected us to join the rotation. I'm glad he told us, because otherwise everyone would be waiting and wondering.

    I was disappointed too, though--and I'm going to be here for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you make a good point. It's better to stop rumors. I was still disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to be an inherent married-person desire to crush the dreams of all single people. I know I want to, now that I'm married...

    ReplyDelete