Wednesday, September 03, 2008

If Swedish Fish were a man, I would so marry him

It's true. Swedish Fish is probably my favorite candy. There's no down side I can think of. These are the characteristics of Swedish Fish that make them perfect for manhood:
  • Tasty. Seriously, excellent flavor.
  • Quality does not diminish with age. Sure, they get a little harder to chew, but the flavor and texture remains perfect.
  • Attractive. Red is one of my favorite colors.
  • Entertaining. If you're bored, having a school of fish to entertain you is great. You can play shark and attack the unsuspecting stragglers. You could pretend one is Nemo. The possibilities are endless.
  • Soothing. To me, Swedish Fish are a comfort food. I feel good when I eat them.
  • Tidy. This candy doesn't melt in your hands, have crumbs, or turn your fingers colors.
  • Versatile. Is there a situation where Swedish Fish are not appropriate? I submit that there is not!

That's all I can think of for the moment. Maybe I need to look for the man that fits this list. Shouldn't be too hard since it's pretty vague.

5 comments:

  1. lawl, i haven't gotten past the title, but I'm looking forward to it...i'll comment again when i'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok now done...I honestly don't think swedish fish would fit stacey's 4 requirements in a man...

    1)giver...i think they fit this...they give and give to you.

    2)communicator...do fish talk?

    3)keeps his covenants...are fish religious?

    4)a joy to be around...ok so 2 out of three is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All things good come from God. All think acknowledge their creator (except people), so the fish must be religious and keep their covenants. Swedish Fish speak the international language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yyyes! Love it. I'm trying to remember if there was anything we discussed on Monday that I don't see here, but I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to disagree slightly with the tidy. While I agree that your claims that they do not melt, crumble or discolor, they do have an oily texture to them (as most fish are wont to have) that remains on your hands. That is often an unpleasant setback to an otherwise delightful food.

    ReplyDelete