Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The other night my mom told me that she had been talking to my aunt about my grad school situation. That led my aunt to say that she doesn't think of me as the brainy type. Huh. A very few years ago I would have been very affronted by the fact that she also thought that I was more of the cheerleader type. I assure you, that is the first time I ever remember being thought of as a cheerleader! I felt very odd. I also laughed a lot.

Then, last night my ward fhe group had our fhe at my house. My mom and dad attended. Afterward, my mom told me that she noticed my eyes were so twinkly compared to everyone else. I didn't really know what to make of that, and she went on to say that she thought that the only other person who had twinkly eyes was one of the guys there. Does that mean we are fated for one another? Is twinkly eyes a sign of cheerleaderness? Maybe deep down I will find my perky place, give up school, and become a professional cheerleader.

1 comment:

  1. I'm no expert but...well I don't think all cheerleaders have twinkly eyes and that academics don't. I've seen plenty of cheerleaders with some pretty mean eyes, actually.

    Anyhoo...um...I don't see you as a cheerleader. Not that you aren't perky or exuberant or anything but would you cheer for books? ;)

    You shall find your niche, wherever it might be.

    ReplyDelete